Friday, July 8, 2011

"Pizza"

What kid's favorite food isn't pizza?!? 

Well it's been Carson's for as long as I can remember.  That's right...this kid who eats pretty much no solid foods will eat pizza.  Pretty crazy!  I've been looking and looking online and in grocery stores for fat free foods for Carson.  My quick trip into the store on my way home from work now last an hour of looking at labels.  Talking to Mama Con the other day about what Carson could eat she found a website with recipes (mostly vegan) fatfree.com.  Trying to find Fat & Lactose free things to eat is not an easy task and then to actually get Carson to eat them is even more trying.  I've almost given up because I can't tell you the number of things we bought just to have Carson turn his nose up at them.  So an idea mom got off the website was pita bread and to me pita bread looks like pizza crust!  Then it was on to pizza sauce.  Most pizza/spaghetti sauce in the stores had fat in it so I was going to attempt to make it, but I found one fat free sauce and bought it. 

And this is what Carson has looked like at dinner the last two night.  This little guy LOVES his pizza and I don't even have to cook it so that's a huge plus for me.




I think he really just likes tomato sauce, but it's calories so I'm ok with that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment